- Garbanzo beans
- Red & Yellow Bell Peppers
- Red onion
- Lemon juice
- Scallions aka green onions
- Pink salt and pepper
- Avocado for extra protein and energizing fats
Wash the garbanzo beans thoroughly using a strainer in the sink. Add to bowl and coat with olive oil.
– Add in sliced bell peppers. Red, yellow, and green
– Add chopped scallions and chopped red onion
Then squeeze lemon juice over the whole thing to keep it from browning and it adds flavor also 😉
Garbanzo beans are perfect for a weight loss program. Like most legumes, they have long been valued for their fiber content. 2 cups daily provide the entire daily value of fiber!
The newest research regarding this bean reveals that people who consumed these beans daily had lowered their bad cholesterol (LDL) and lowered their triglycerides. In one study, after only 1 week of incorporating chick peas into their diet, people improved blood sugar and insulin secretion. That means this helps people with Diabetes!